The Legacy Heavy Duty Folding J-Bars are designed to be mounted onto your vehicle’s existing roof rack bars to act as a cradle for anything you want to carry and keep held firmly in place. Ideal for kayaks and canoes, but has many other uses such as SUP boards, surfboards, skis, ladders etc.
The J-bars are designed to support one kayak or canoe, but will hold multiple SUPs and surfboards. They fold down to a very low profile when not in use, reducing drag to help with noise and fuel economy. It also means you don’t need to remove the bars after every trip. Simply fold away by pushing the Legacy Blue button on the joint or place them in any other position to suit your load in same way.
Each bar is fitted with 6 rubber pads to protect the load and stop it coming into contact with aluminium frame. The cleverly engineered Legacy Universal Bar Clamp systems means that they will fit various profiles of roof bar including square, aero and some wing bars.
The J-bars also come with a pair of heavy duty Legacy 3 metre tie down straps for securing the load to the bars – so you are all ready to go!
- Legacy Folding J Bars are designed for the safe transportation of kayaks, SUP boards, surfboard and more
- Uses the unique Legacy Universal Bar Clamp for the most secure and safe fit to your roof bars (flat profile plates can slide when in use)
- High quality kayak roof bars made from marine-grade, anodised aluminium tubing with a multi-position folding mechanism
- When not in use, the J-Bars fold flat with the push of a button, keeping them out of the way and reducing drag and wind noise
- Comes with 2 x J bars, 2 x 3 metre tie-down straps and all necessary fixtures & fittings to secure them to your roof bar
- Designed to secure kayaks on top of the car therefore creating more space for other kayaks, a roof box or other luggage on remaining roof rack space
- Very simple to fit to existing roof bars and comes with full illustrated installation instructions and safety guide (please read before use)
- Fits most roof bars – distance between bolts is 90mm (max roof bar width)
- Dimensions: Height: 50 cm; Width: 40 cm (when at 90 degrees)