Legacy Universal Soft Roof Rack Bars are everything you need to secure your kayak or surfboard to your car. They are a great alternative to solid roof bars, the soft rack set is quick and easy to install and remove, so when they are not in use just un-strap them and keep them in the drawstring bag provided.
No tools are required and each set comes complete with all the attachments and straps necessary to attach the pads to your car’s roof and hold the load in place. Annotated fitting instruction and loading advice is are also included.
Legacy soft racks are ideally suited for carrying kayaks & canoes, surfboards & bodyboards or even roof bags and luggage and have a maximum weight load of 65kg.
The thick, high density foam pads protect the load and your car. As mentioned previously, they are wide enough and deep enough to take most kayaks. Many other soft racks just aren’t big enough to carry kayaks because the kayak sits on the outside of the pads and too close to the roof of the car. This means the kayak can make contact with the car which can cause damage to the load and the car. Legacy racks are 12cm wide and 8cm thick giving plenty of support and clearance between roof and load and are 75cm long which means the edges of most kayaks will sit comfortably on top.
- The only soft rack bars wide enough and deep enough to safely take kayaks – many of the cheaper ones are 60cm wide which is far too narrow to safely carry kayaks and canoes
- Very easy to install and remove, versatile and inexpensive in comparison to car specific solid bars
- Dimensions: 75 x 12 x 8 cm (solid foam section) 105 x 12 cm (complete rack)
- 65kg Maximum load capacity
- Great value and convenient alternative to solid roof bars
- Comes with 2 built-in straps per pad (one to attach the bars to car and one to secure load down) Please refer to the detailed fitting instructions included
- Perfect for kayaks, canoes, SUP’s surfboards and lots of other things
- Fits neatly back into the supplied storage bag when it is not in use